I am a holistic, technically-minded game designer with strengths in level design and gameplay scripting. My multi-disciplinary background allows me to contribute meaningfully to every stage of the development process. I possess an exceptional work ethic and enthusiasm for games and their potential. Furthermore, I clean up after myself in the office kitchen.
Areas of Expertise
|Game Systems Design||VR Experience Design||Gameplay Scripting|
|Multiplayer Design||Level Design||Writing/Documentation|
Skills: Radiant, Unity, Unreal, XCode, MS Suite, Adobe Suite, 3D Studio Max, Perforce, Alienbrain, TestTrack Pro, Devtrack, Visual Slickedit, Swift, C and C-based scripting languages
San Jose State University August 2001
Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) in Digital Media
- Minor in Electronic Music
Sixense June 2016 – Present
Technical Game Designer
Designed and developed virtual reality experiences for entertainment, training and medical purposes. Wrote and edited documentation for SixenseVR SDK for Unreal and Unity engines.
- SiegeVR – Single- and Multi-Player Systems Design, Scripting
- Penumbra System Thrombectomy Demo – Multi-Player Systems Design, Scripting
Independent Developer June 2014 – June 2016
Designer, Programmer, Web Developer, Design Consultant
Developed and published apps for tablet and mobile devices. Created and maintained websites for clients.
- Forehead Fireworks
- Tally Pal
- Second Story Respite House
- Happy Days Children’s Learning Center
- Psyentific Mind
Neversoft Entertainment April 2008 – June 2014
Game/Level Designer, Gameplay Scripter
Collaborated with other departments and design team for mission designs and game mechanics. Scripted AI, event and animations and designed game space layout for both single-player missions and multiplayer maps.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – Single-Player Systems/Level Design, Scripting
- Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion, Nemesis DLC – Multiplayer Systems/Level Design, Scripting
- Unreleased FPS – Single-Player Systems/Level Design, Scripting
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock – Gameplay/UX Design, Social Network Integration
- Guitar Hero 5 – Gameplay/UX Design, Writing
- Band Hero – Writing, Research
- Guitar Hero Metallica – Guitar/Bass Notetrack Design
- Guitar Hero World Tour – Guitar/Bass Notetrack Design
Shiny Entertainment/Double Helix Games May 2006 – April 2008
Game/Level Lead Designer, Gameplay Scripter
Created game scenarios by writing initial design proposals, building first playable versions, scripting gameplay mechanics, and coordinating with other departments to deliver completed title. Documented proprietary content creation tools and processes.
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra – Systems/Level Design, Scripting
- The Golden Compass – Systems/Level Design, Scripting
- Earthworm Jim PSP (Unpublished) – Level/Audio Design, Gameplay/Audio Scripting
HopeLab October 2005 – May 2006
Production Assistant, Community Manager
Worked closely with production staff to complete Re-Mission, a video game and online community for young people with cancer, moderated and created content for Re-Mission web site. Promoted title at expositions and medical conferences.
- Re-Mission (Game) –QA, Video Production, Press Promotion
- Re-Mission.net (Website) – Content Creation, Community Management
Shiny Entertainment January – September 2005
Scripted audio for all game animations and user interface, using proprietary software tools. Collaborated with sound design and programming teams to determine strategy for effective sound memory management.
- The Matrix: Path of Neo – Audio Scripting
Atari June 2002 – January 2005
Quality Assurance Lead, Beta Test Administrator
Performed analysis of game software and related documentation. Supervised team of testers. Managed defect databases. Evaluated potential titles for product development. Designed, created and maintained Atari’s beta test website. Coordinated and moderated public beta tests.
- Horizons: Empire of Istaria – Beta Test Administrator
- Shadow Ops: Red Mercury – Beta Test Administrator
- Axis & Allies – Betatest Administrator
- Deer Hunter 2005 – Betatest Administrator
- Scrabble Online – Betatest Administrator
- Beyblade VForce: Ultimate Blader Jam – QA Lead
- Beyblade G-Revolution – QA Lead
- Mission Impossible: Operation Surma – Assistant QA Lead
- Multiple Titles – QA Analyst
Electronic Arts August 2001 – January 2002
Customer Support Representative
Provided technical support for PC game titles. Researched and created solutions for software issues. Provided QA for PC software titles.
- Multiple Titles – Customer Support, QA Analyst